Last night for dinner, I was scrambling to come up with dinner ideas with the ingredients we had at hand at home.
My friends came up with Ratatouille. One of which, REALLY, wanted it.
I’ve never made it before but decided to get creative and give it a shot!
This ended up being so good. I was so impressed with myself. This filled us up but made us feel good. Good ingredients, healthy and delicious!
Veggie & Potato Ratatouille
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
- 3 Potatoes
- 2 Zucchini
- 1 Squash
- 1 Cup of Quinoa
- 1 Big Can of Chipotle Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Cook the quinoa – I put 2 tablespoons of chopped onion, garlic, paprika and cumin in the pot as well
- Chop the veggies: Zucchini, Squash, Onions
- Slice the potatoes into rounds
- Cover the potatoes in Olive Oil, place in pan, and stick in oven, you’ll cook for 20-30 minutes or until browned
- Start a pan with olive oil and garlic on medium heat
- Once the garlic starts to brown, add the chopped onions, lower to low heat
- Once onions brown, add the Zucchini and Squash, increase to medium heat
- Continue stirring
- Once the veggies have softened and have cooked through, 15-20 minutes, add the tomato sauce
- Add seasoning- garlic, paprika, basil and thyme
- Once the tomato sauce starts to simmer, lower the heat to low
- Have the mixture cook for another 10 minutes
- At this point, the potatoes should be out of the oven, lay them on top of the mixture
- Move pan from stove to oven
- Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes