I love Valentine’s Day!
Yes, I know the depressing story behind it. But I love a day made to show ones’ love, kindness, compassion, etc towards another. I love chocolate and flowers and everything nice!
You don’t need a Valentine. You have family, friends, pets, coworkers, neighbors and all that you can show some extra nice-ness to today.
Here’s my top ten things you should do:
- Wake up and think of three things you’re grateful for. Or three people you’re grateful for.
- Give a family member or a friend that long needed phone call.
- Buy yourself something sweet! You deserve it.
- If you like flowers, you definitely should get some. They’ll cheer you. You can even buy them for someone else.
- Tell people cute pick up lines, maybe even text them to your friends! That might be the thing they needed on a bad day. An example: Do you have a band aid? Cause I scrapped my knees falling for you.
- Take a walk. Maybe it’s in the park, or maybe just down the street.
- Watch a movie. No, it doesn’t have to be a chick flick. Just something to make you happy or laugh!
- If you didn’t buy chocolate, buy chocolate. If you did, buy more chocolate. mmmmm
- Take some time to yourself. Love yourself.
- If none of this suits your fancy, just get a drink instead!