I love baking. Last Friday I decided to whip up a birthday cake. I decided on an orange sponge cake with a chocolate icing.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe I found on All Recipes.
This cake ended up being so fluffy and soft and delish! I added a dark chocolate icing.
Orange Sponge Cake
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 – 60 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat over to 325 degrees F
- Separate eggs.
- Beat egg yolks, sugar and orange rind until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour and baking powder together.
- Take turns adding flour mixture and orange juice to the egg yolk mixture.
- With a clean whisk, beat egg whites to stuff peaks and fold into batter.
- Pour batter into greased and floured pan.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes.