Happy Monday! Err, Happy It-Can-Only-Go-UpHill!
Tonight, I’m making some meatballs, with a twist. These taste light, have a nice kick and my dips just make me not want to stop eating these meatballs!
It’s always fun being creative playing around with ingredients to make a staple dish, so different. This time around I used curry paste and dill pickles to elevate this dish. Doing so gave the meatballs a subtle kick and added some acid. Partnering that up with a spicy ketchup and a spinach/artichoke hummus rounded the yumminess in my mouth…could I say it fullfilled umami? Did I use that correctly?
- Ground Turkey – I used 93% lean
- 1 egg
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small tomato
- 2 teaspoons of dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon of red curry
- Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- Spices: Tumeric, Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Paprika
- Spicy Ketchup Dip
- For the meatballs:
- Finely chop the tomato, red onion, dill pickle and cilantro
- Mix the tomato, red onion, dill pickle and cilantro in a bowl
- Add the spices, lemon juice, olive oil, red curry, garlic
- Finally, add the turkey, breadcrumbs and egg
- All ingredients for the meatballs should now be in the bowl. Make sure everything is combined evenly.
- Put together small balls
- Heat up a pan with your choice of oil on low heat.
- Put a couple balls at a time on the pan.
- Make sure to flip over after a couple minutes until each side is evenly browned.
- Remove from heat and put in a bowl.
- You can sprinkle some cheese (I would do a nice Sharp Cheddar, maybe New Zealander, or Havarti)
- Enjoy alone or with a dip!
- For the dips:
- For the Spicy Ketchup: put equal parts ketchup and Sriracha.
- For the Hummus: I purchased a Spinach/Artichoke Hummus.
- If you want me to share how to make hummus from scracth, let me know!
Happy Eating! I know I will be 😉