My dad has been itching for a chocolate cake. Like a solid chocolate CHOCOLATE cake.
So here it is, the basic start to a fabulous chocolate cake.
Look no further for a simple chocolate cake. A good base for a layered cake.
I’ll be posting a Death by Chocolate cake recipe soon. This will include the frosting, the ganache…the works!
Simple Chocolate Cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 – 45 minutes
Servings: Makes a 2 layer cake
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 3 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter two round pans
- Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add eggs, milk, warm water, oil, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Place in the two pans.
- Bake for 25 – 35 minutes until cooked through.
- Cool in the cake pan for at least 15 minutes.
- Then, flip cake out and cool on wire rack.
- Once cakes have cooled, layer cakes and frost away!