It’s Taco Tuesday! Which means it’s time to cook up some tacos.
These tacos are perfect for dinner and packing the rest for lunch. I had this for lunch this week and it was a great warm and filling lunch!
This recipe is actually from Blue Apron – I’ve made a couple recipes from them before. It’s a food delivery service where they send recipes and preportioned ingredients. You can choose from vegetarian or meat options. I’ve done the 3 recipes a week for 2 people. That’s usually $60.
Beef Tacos & Radish Salsa
with Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 – 35 minutes
- 10 oz Thinly Sliced Beef
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- 3 Radishes
- 2 Scallions
- 1 Lime
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 2 oz Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 tbsp Creme Fraiche
- 1 tbsp Mexican Spice Blend
- 1 Serrano Pepper
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Preheat over to 450 degrees F
- Combine pepper, sugar and juice of 2 lime wedges. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- For the sweet potatoes: Cut sweet potato into wedges. Place on a sheet pan with foil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped serrano pepper. Roast for 18 – 20 minutes. Once they are done, remove from heat and grate the cheese on top. Bake for another 2 – 4 minutes
- For the salsa: Combine the radishes, white bottoms of the scallions and juice of the remaining lime wedges. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Warm the tortillas
- Pat dry the beef. Season with salt, pepper and the spice blend. Cook the beef in a pan with a little bit of olive oul. Cook 2 – 3 minutes on the first side then flip and cook the other side for another minute.
- Assemble the tacos! Spread the creme fraiche first, then add the beef and salsa and end with some green tops of scallion. You can eat the wedges on the taco or on the side.